Monday, 27 February 2012

P-Q-P Memo to The Author

P-Q-P Memo to the Author

To: Heather Brewer.
From: Tommy Guo.
Date: February 22, 2012.
Re: The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod-Eighth Grade Bites.

Praise: Hey Mrs. Brewer. I really enjoyed this novel because of many reasons. I thought that it was really compelling and intriguing, which is really important for me because I love books with those aspects. I really liked how the book was so descriptive and detailed, because it makes the compelling and intriguing events in the book even more worth reading. I especially relished the event where Mr. Otis kept on changing his loyalty from Elysia to Tod and Tod didn’t know if he was actually the enemy or not. I adored this event so much because I thought that it was very exciting and weird (in a good way).

Question: I have four questions for you Mrs. Brewer. First, where did you get the idea of naming the vampire world Elysia? Did you get the name from Elysium (a section of the underworld containing the Elysian Fields)? I guess that vampires do have some resemblance to the underworld. Second, could I please have clarification on the history of Elysia? I’m still pretty confused as to how it started. Third, why did you choose to add a romantic aspect to the book? I don’t really think that the emotional bond between Tod and Meredith was really important, since it did not affect any of the significant plot events. Fourth and finally, why did you choose to name your main character Vladimir Tod? Was it just because of the fact that Vladimir was a “vampire” name (due to the story of Vladimir the Impaler)?

Polish: Mrs. Brewer, I have a couple of suggestions for your story. I suggest improving the story by making the story more interesting by adding many more characters that would have a strong relationship with Vladimir Tod. I think that suggestion will make the story better because you will have the opportunity to create connections and relationships between many different characters, which would make your story and writing much more intricate. I also suggest making the story more developed and clear by creating more detailed back stories for the main characters. I’m sure many people have questions about Vladimir’s past. This suggestion will make the writing and story better by making them more understandable and clear.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed reading your P-Q-P Memo. It was very well-written. :D

    ReplyDelete